This March, Center for Financial Professionals will host the New Generation Operational Risk: Europe, a two-day conference featuring two individual work streams, interactive discussions and presentations from more than 30 senior operational risk (Oprisk) professionals. Attendees will gain insights from the Financial Conduct Authority, HSBC, Mizuho International, Erste Group, Prudential, UBS, Credit Suisse, Barclays, Credit Suisse, RBS, Lloyds Banking Group and more.
Keynote discussions will focus on:
• The future of risk management - embedding operational risk management as part of the decision making process
• Regulatory change – managing the volume of upcoming regulatory requirements and ensuring compliance, while demonstrating value
• Aligning departments and functions for a holistic view of operational risk
• General Data Protection Regulation – managing system and process changes for timely and effective compliance
• Cyber – reviewing the cyber risk landscape and effective management of internal and external risks to ensure a secure environment.
Meanwhile, the Risk Management work stream will cover risk appetite, three lines of defence, conduct risk, operational risk events, and controlling, monitoring and testing risk. The Risk Measurement work stream will focus on operational risk capital regimes, stress testing, vendor and third-party risk, scenario analysis and emerging risks.