THE BEST OF ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY ON THE MICROSOFT WINDOWS PLATFORM
Issue 2 - Spring 2015 issue
Hello I'm a link
Publication date: 13 March
Each edition of OnWindows addresses key topics that are capturing the attention of technology executives in enterprise businesses.
Issue two will be packed with news, interviews, feature articles and more on the latest Microsoft and partner technology developments and business trends.
Our regular news section provides an overview of key news and events from Microsoft and its partners, including product releases, customer implementations and the latest industry analysis. In this issue, we preview what's to come at this year's Hannover Messe, and speak to Microsoft and its partners about what they will be showcasing.
Cover story – Internet of things
According to IDC’s 2014 IoT Survey, 60% of enterprises globally already view the internet of things (IoT) as strategic to their business. Indeed, it was one of 2014’s hottest trends, but just what impact is IoT having on businesses today? From cloud-connected factories to interactive drinks coolers, we find out how companies are putting IoT into practice, and what solutions Microsoft and its partners have developed to support them.
Microsoft spokesperson: Sam George, Microsoft Partner Director of Program Management, Azure IoT Services
Hear from high-profile executives about the vision they have for their companies, and what they believe are the biggest trends impacting their business. In this issue we speak with Neelie Kroes, former EU commissioner for the Digital Agenda and new special envoy for startups in the Netherlands, about how fundamental technology is to businesses today. We also find out more about European startup community Startup Delta and talk to her about her career, exploring her greatest accomplishments to date.
In this issue you can also hear from Jeff Donaldson, SVP at GameStop Technology Institute; Andy Claughton, technical director at Ben Ainslie Racing; Caglayan Arkan, general manager of Worldwide Manufacturing & Resources at Microsoft; and much much more.
Each issue will include regular industry sections comprising insight from industry experts, interviews with end users, profiles of technology implementations and more.
Communications and media
- Rikke Helms, managing director of Worldwide Telecoms at Microsoft, discusses the latest trends in the industry and explains how Microsoft is positioned to help its customers succeed
- A profile on Azure Media Services and its impact on live sporting events including the 2014 Winter Olympics, the World Cup and the Super Bowl
- Case study on SK Telecom
- We hear from Javier San Félix, senior executive vice president at Banco Santander and new chairman of retail banking association Efma, and Patrick Desmarès, Efma’s secretary general, about what the organisation has planned for the coming year
- Thought leadership on the impact of the internet of things in insurance from Tony Jacob, managing director of Worldwide Insurance at Microsoft
- Case study about Neue Welt – Community Life
- Anthony Salcito, vice president of Worldwide Education at Microsoft, shares his highlights of this year's Bett Show, which took place in January
- Stories from the Microsoft Public Safety and National Security team
- The latest Microsoft CityNext updates and case studies
Manufacturing and resources
- Caglayan Arkan, general manager of Worldwide Manufacturing & Resources at Microsoft, reflects on the technology trends that he believes have had the biggest impact on the manufacturing industry in the last year or so
- The Microsoft Dynamics team shares its vision around connected experiences in manufacturing
- Ahead of this year's Hannover Messe, we run a special focus on internet of things in manufacturing with thought leadership from Microsoft about its IoT strategy
- Interview with Andy Claughton, technical director at Ben Ainslie Racing
Retail and hospitality
- Interview with Tracy Issel, general manager of Worldwide Retail at Microsoft, about what she believes are the biggest opportunities for retailers
- Report: revolutionising customer engagement in retail with industry-specific devices and apps
To improve customer engagement and increase sales, retail staff need the right information in their hands to better serve customers. Today, retailers have a vast range of Windows devices and apps designed specifically for their industry to choose from, helping them to empower their staff with modern, flexible working and rich, role-tailored insights to optimise performance and boost customer service. We find out more.
- Interview about the latest trends in retail with Tom Litchford, vice president of retail technologies at NRF
Note: this editorial plan is subject to the interview availability of the organisations and individuals listed. Wherever possible, alternative contributors will be found where required.