Lauren Pozmanter shares what we can expect at the e-commerce event from 20-22 June
eTail Europe is now only a few short months away, taking place from 20-22 June 2017 at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Center in London. We are expecting this to be our most exciting and best-attended event ever, bringing together the top minds of Europe’s most successful retailers to discuss the current challenges faced by the retail industries, and how they can work with e-commerce innovators to transform their businesses.
This year’s event promises an exciting agenda, tackling the top priorities named by retailers in our months of research leading up to the event. Our programme is comprised of interactive panels, fireside chats and case studies from leading retailers. This year, we will also be running a Head of E-Commerce Think Tank, which will be focused on mission-critical topics and will only be open to a small group of C-Suite executives.
Speakers and sessions we are incredibly excited to feature this year include:
• Constantin Eis, co-founder and global managing director at Casper, who will present ‘Peering into the Next Generation of Retail’
• John Cowper, head of architecture at Wickes, who will share a case study entitled ‘Digital Transformation Through a Cloud Based Approach’
• Neal Johnson, director of IT service and operations at House of Fraser, who will deliver a keynote themed ‘How to Make a Capex Free Business Case Out of a Universal Communications Solution’
• Matt Lerner, partner of 500 Startups, who will present ‘Start-up Shark Tank: Problem Solving in a Fast Paced, Early Stage Venture’
• Peter Williams, chairman at boohoo.com, who will lead ‘Fireside Chat: Where is eTail Heading vs. Traditional Commerce’
• Sienne Veit, director of online products at John Lewis, who will discuss ‘Building For Happiness: How John Lewis Used Collaboration To Build Omnichannel Digital Selling Tools With Partners At The Heart’.
We’ve shaped our programme around several trends that have emerged recently to ensure we create the most compelling and educational experience for our attendees.
The first of these trends centres on omnichannel. As brick and mortar retailers are trying to compete with e-commerce behemoths, a huge challenge they face is the way that they can use omnichannel as a competitive advantage. Our entire first day is dedicated to the omnichannel journey and how retailers can get a leg up. To bring in a different perspective we are welcoming Itiel Dror, senior cognitive neuroscience researcher at University College London to deliver a keynote on how we can leverage his insights to engage the customer and impact their decision making.
Digital transformation will be the focus of our second day. Digital continues to revolutionise retail, profitable growth strategies for brick-and-mortar retailers, e-commerce players and emerging retailers, and drives innovation across all these verticals. It is more important than ever that we address how digital is transforming the retail experience as we know it, which is why we bring in speakers like Debbie Wren, head of agile coaching digital and technology at Sainsbury’s. She will give us a peek into the next generation of retail.
We will be capping off the event with a look at online customer engagement. As retailers still struggle to not only engage their customers, but keep them coming back, we focus on what they can do to start seeing real wins. We will be featuring a keynote panel on cross-channel, cross-device attribution models including speakers such as Sergio Romero Penas, director of marketing and performance analytics at Vistaprint. By the end of the day, attendees will have done a deep-dive into how they can improve their personalisation, loyalty, and engagement programmes.
Lastly, eTail Europe is all about bringing networking and fun to the forefront of the event experience. To break out of the typical event agenda, we will be hosting creative workshops, retailer speed-dating, social hub meet-ups, and our Women in Retail Champagne Break Out. We pride ourselves on our after-hours entertainments and this year, we will be hosting a Monte Carlo casino night on 20 June. We are bringing out the tables, cocktails and tournaments and there will be big prizes for all the winners.
We are looking forward to an exciting event this year and hope you can join us. For more details please visit: eTailEurope.com/