Kras gains a clear view of the entire IT infrastructure

Lindsay James
Lindsay James
By Lindsay James on 21 September 2015
Kras gains a clear view of the entire IT infrastructure

This article was first published in the Summer 2015 issue of OnWindows

Kraš has a fairly large VMware vSphere environment containing virtualised servers and desktops. 90% of the 240 virtual machines (VMs) run business-critical applications including ­Microsoft Exchange and SQL, and the remaining 10% run desktops for 2,000 users.

Kraš was unhappy with its monitoring tools for the virtual environment. One of the tools didn’t provide the level of detail Kraš needed to identify and resolve issues quickly. Another tool didn’t alert Kraš before data stores for Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server ran low.

“We wanted a clear view of the entire IT infrastructure – both physical and virtual,” said Goran Zadravec, technical team manager at Kraš. “We needed deep visibility and detailed reporting so we could identify the root cause of an issue and respond quickly before it became a problem.

“We were inside of our service level agreement, but it wasn’t always easy to stay there,” ­Zadravec continued. “There was only one solution that could solve our problems – Veeam Management Pack. And nothing else can compete with it.”

Veeam Management Pack (MP) extends System Center for application-to-metal visibility of VMware, giving Kraš the complete picture of its entire IT infrastructure. The solution integrates fully with VMware and System Center, enabling all System Center functionality – including alerts, diagrams, dashboards, reporting, auditing, notifications, responses and automation – for all VMware components, including vCenter Server, clusters, hosts, VMs, storage and hardware.

Veeam MP delivers critical monitoring data to Kraš, including alerts to performance issues so the IT team can identify and resolve issues before they affect applications and users. Dashboards for performance analysis allow companies to drill down to related performance and alerting history and quickly locate an issue to find its root cause.

What’s more, Veeam MP provides multiple capacity planning reports for VMware, built ­directly in System Center, that let companies examine trends, perform what-if modelling and proactively reallocate virtual resources to optimise the VMware environment.

“Before Veeam MP, troubleshooting could take an hour or more,” Zadravec continued. “We had to open each monitoring console and look for the issue. “With Veeam MP, we identify and resolve an issue quickly because we have a clear view of the virtual and physical environments. We solve problems at least ten times faster with Veeam and save two to three hours a week.”

Number of views (3903)/Comments (-)

Tags:
Comments are only visible to subscribers.

Theme picker